Monday, May 13, 2013

13th May 2013 (天才白痴夢 – Sam Hui)

The song that I chose for today is “天才白痴夢” by Sam Hui. I remember I used to like this song a lot when I was a kid. Back then I have no idea what the lyrics were about, I just like the melody. These days when I look at the lyrics I realise that it is very deep. This is a song from a movie that Sam starred in. The direct English translation of the title is “the stupid dream of a genius”.

The lyrics of the song are about dream. It started off telling us that everyone in the world are chasing after their dream. But we are all get lost in the process, sometime it looks great, but sometime it seems to fade away. Life is just like a dream. In this dream, we could suddenly turn upside down. We might feel bitterness when we are searching for happiness, and we haven’t learn to enjoy bitterness with happiness. There is always a purpose in our life and so all of us play an important role in this world. We all can achieve high in our life, there is no need to just dream about it. Dream is just a dream, when we woke up it will be all gone. So why do we need to found our perfect dream if everything is fake. It is better off to just focus on our current life, make the most out of it and enjoy. Hope you will like the song.


天才白痴夢 – Sam Hui

1 comment: